Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS, TEACHERS, ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF.
Code of conduct for students:
- All the students enrolled for various programmes shall abide to the code of conduct stated by the institute.
- The competent authority may revisit and revise rules as deemed necessary. On revision, the old rules will stand cancelled and the new rules framed will be applicable from the date of drafting the rules with prospective effect.
- A code of conduct defines boundaries of acceptable behavioural norms and clarifies an organisations mission values and principles linking them with standards of professional conduct. College is an institution of higher learning and it is necessary to maintain a climate of respect, sensitivity and courtesy.
- Active participation in cocurricular, extracurricular activities is mandatory for all students for their holistic development.
- Students are advised to behave in a decent manner while in a college premises as the entire premises is under CCTV surveillance.
- Students are required to read all the notices displayed on the college notice board and keep themselves informed of the various activities and examination dates.
- Students must wear I-card and be in proper attire and adhere to descent clothing when present in campus of college and hospital.
- Students should wear Apron while attending practicals and clinical postings.
- Students are required to record their attendance for each lecture separately and ensure that the attendance is adequate and above satisfactory levels for each semester.
- Save electricity by switching off the fans, and tube lights, when not in use. While exiting the classroom, switch off all the fans, tube lights and conserve electricity.
- Protect all college property from damage. No scribbling on walls, carving on benches or destroying college furniture is allowed. Handle medical instruments safely and with care so as to minimise damages due to the breakages.
Code of conduct for teachers:
- Wear I- card at all times when present in the college.
- Be punctual. Report on time for work -engaging lectures and practical’s and for supervision during university and internal assessment exams.
- Engage the lectures and practical’s as per the individual timetable allotted.
- Record presence by signing attendance muster and marking biometric attendance (entry and exit time) and also attendance for each lecture and practicals.
- Complete all teaching work allotted within the given time duration. All evaluation and exam related work to be completed within the stipulated time.
- The shared college resources like computers are to be used carefully and judiciously.
- While interacting with students, teachers must endeavour to be objective without any bias or preconceived notions.
- Teachers are not only required to teach but mentor students and guide them in academic areas. This will help build a stronger rapport between the teacher and students and make the students feel safe and secure in college.
- While interacting with colleagues, be polite and courteous and show mutual respect and regard.
- Work as a team for the upgradation of institute.
Code of conduct for administrative staff:
- The duties of the non-teaching staff are varied and hence the code prescribes a general code of conduct.
- Report on time for work. Be punctual and discharge duties allotted promptly.
- Behave decently in keeping with the discipline and decorum of the institution.
- Consumption of Alcohol, Intoxicants, Tobacco, Smoking is strictly prohibited while on duty.
- Know the service conditions, duties and responsibilities, rules and regulations regarding leave, salary, and other related matters.
- Follow the organizational hierarchy and protocol.